Thursday, December 19, 2013

Wrapping up!

I wanted to say thank you to Dr. MB and for all of my fellow students! I really loved this class and found it to be really challenging and engaging. I thought everyone respected each other's interpretations and point and we always got some really great conversations going.

I'm really impressed with how far I've come in reading Middle English. I remember at the beginning of class, I had absolutely no experience and was terrified. But I got used to it and now I can read it pretty well!

Some of my favorite classes were the storytelling class, the Shipman's Tale class (any class where we did interactive or group activities), the superlative class, and the discussions for the Wife of Bath's tale and the Sir Thopas/Melibee class.

For now I'll leave you all with this horribly historically inaccurate but amusing cartoon. I definitely wouldn't have known how inaccurate the language used was before this class so I think it's a cool way to quickly show how much I've personally learned:
Image found at http://artjcf.tumblr.com/post/69632064515/my-parents-are-pretty-middle-aged-so-thats
I hope I see everyone in the future and that they have wonderful holidays! It was wonderful getting to know you all.

1 comment:

  1. That little comic is hilarious! And yes to everything you said!

    ReplyDelete